A Capacitor was a device used in the galaxy to store energy. The scientist Galen Walton Erso hoped to generate outbursts of raw power that could be harvested and stored in capacitors for use on worlds in need.[source?] Capacitors were also used in droids, like OOM-series battle droids and B1 battle droids. In these models of battle droids their capacitors were a weak point, and clone paratroopers who were snipers could hit between the droid's capacitors to take out the unit. The ends of electrostaffs contained a discharge capacitor.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (First mentioned)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn: Treason (Mentioned only)
- Vader - Dark Visions 3 (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "The Droid Rescue Gambit" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "From Trenches to Wrenches: The Roger Story" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (First pictured)