- "Han Solo. I'm captain of the Millennium Falcon."
- ―Han Solo
In civilian life, a captain was an individual who was in charge of a starship. In military organizations such as the Imperial Navy or the Royal Naboo Security Forces, a captain was an officer of high rank with leadership responsibilities.
- "My name's Rex, but you'll call me Captain or Sir."
- ―Clone Captain Rex
Many clone navigation officers, some of whom held the rank of captain, wore a single-rowed plaque, with two red and one blue square (from left to right). In the Grand Army of the Republic, clone troopers in standard Phase I armor who held the rank of Clone Captain were distinguished by red markings on their white armor. After the Battle of Geonosis many clone captains began to customize their phase one armor, such as Captain Rex and Captain Keeli.
Confederacy of Independent SystemsEdit
- "Captain! Show this droid what happens when you use that word."
- ―Osi Sobeck, to a droid commando captain
The Confederacy of Independent Systems used the rank of captain. In the Separatist Droid Army both organic officers and droids could hold the rank. Rackham Sear, a male Kage Warrior served as a captain in the Confederacy military and the Separatist's also utilized BX-series droid commando captains. One captain served at the Citadel.
In the First Galactic Empire, there were captains in the Imperial Navy, and Imperial Army. A stormtrooper captain from the army served as a military advisor to Queen Trios of Shu-Torun.
On the Imperial insignia plaque of the rank, there were three red colored squares over three blue, or alternatively, a single row of of six yellow squares, or three blue squares followed by two red.
Alliance to Restore the RepublicEdit
This is true of the early rebellion as well.
- "I know I'm not supposed to initiate contact with officers, but look at you! Never took you for captain material. Batch Eight, heigh-ho!"
- ―Stormtrooper 926, to a disguised Finn
The First Order ranks were marked by a combination of uniform color and arm insignia, worn on the left sleeve of the uniform. The First Order captains wore a gray uniform with a black armband edged in silver, bearing the name of Dillon, a particular Imperial hero of the Galactic Civil War, depicted in silver Aurebesh letters.
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Poe to the Rescue"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Attack of the Conscience"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Notes and referencesEdit
- Captain on Wikipedia