- "The Trade Federation was central to those great events—in fact, one of the final battles of the Clone Wars was fought right here on Cato Neimoidia."
- ―A Neimoidian
The capture of Cato Neimoidia, also known as the Battle of Cato Neimoidia, was one of the final battles of the Clone Wars and fought between the Galactic Republic and the Trade Federation. The battle was over the Federation stronghold of Cato Neimoidia. Following the Republic's victory, Jedi Master Plo Koon was conducting a patrol flight when his clone trooper pilots assassinated him as part of Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine's Order 66.
In the final hours of the Clone Wars, the Republic fought to defeat the Trade Federation stronghold of Cato Neimoidia. Jedi General Plo Koon lead the assault with help from Clone Captain "Jag," ARC-170 starfighters and the 442nd Siege Battalion. Plo Koon would successfully lead the clone troopers under his command to victory.
- "Execute Order 66."
"It will be done, my Lord."
- ―Darth Sidious and Captain Jag
Not long after the Republic victory, while flying near a bridge city on a patrol flight, Jedi General Plo Koon was unaware what was happening in the ARC-170 starfighter behind him, which was piloted by Clone Captain "Jag." The clone trooper pilot was contacted by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, who ordered him to execute Order 66. Without hesitation, the pilot adjusted his fighter and opened fire on Koon. The Jedi Master's Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor was hit and exploded in mid-air, killing him immediately. What remained of the fighter crashed into a building on the bridge city. The clone troopers of the 442nd Siege Battalion stationed on Cato Neimoidia also participated in the implementation of Order 66.
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (First identified as Battle of Cato Neimoidia)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Black Series Clone Troopers of Order 66 (2016-10-06). Archived from the original on October 6, 2016. Retrieved on February 20, 2018. says that the capture of Cato Neimoidia was in the final standard hours of the Clone Wars. Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel shows that the battle on Lokori lasted for months and did not stop until the battle droids were shut down at the war's end. As Cato Neimoidia was in the final hours and Lokori lasted for months until the end, it can be deduced that the battles were partly concurrent.
- ↑ Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★) (link)) establishes that the assault on Mygeeto lasted for three standard years, and Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith shows the fighting was happening during Order 66. As Star Wars Black Series Clone Troopers of Order 66 (2016-10-06). Archived from the original on October 6, 2016. Retrieved on February 20, 2018. establishes that the capture of Cato Neimoidia was in the war's final hours, the two events must of been partly concurrent.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- ↑ Poe Dameron 20
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 7.9 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Star Wars Black Series Clone Troopers of Order 66 (2016-10-06). Archived from the original on October 6, 2016. Retrieved on February 20, 2018.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know