- "The Trade Federation was central to those great events—in fact, one of the final battles of the Clone Wars was fought right here on Cato Neimoidia."
- ―A Neimoidian
The capture of Cato Neimoidia was one of the final battles of the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Following the Republic's victory, Jedi Master Plo Koon was conducting a patrol flight when his clone trooper pilots assassinated him as part of Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine's Order 66.
In the final hours of the Clone Wars, the Republic launched an assault to capture the Trade Federation stronghold of Cato Neimoidia. The Jedi General Plo Koon lead the assault with help from Clone Captain "Jag," ARC-170 starfighters and the the 442nd Siege Battalion.
- "Execute Order 66."
"It will be done, my Lord."
- ―Darth Sidious and Captain Jag
Flying near a bridge city, Jedi General Plo Koon was unaware what was happening in the ARC-170 starfighter behind him, which was piloted by Clone Captain "Jag." The Clone pilot was contacted by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, who ordered him to execute Order 66. Without hesitation, the pilot adjusted his fighter and opened fire on Koon. The Jedi Master's Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor was hit and exploded in mid-air, killing him immediately. What remained of the fighter crashed into a building on the bridge city. The clone troopers of the 442nd Siege Battalion stationed on Cato Neimodia also participated in the implementation of Order 66.
- Poe Dameron 20: Legend Found, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- ↑ Kanan 1: The Last Padawan, Part I: Fight
- ↑ Ahsoka
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Star Wars Black Series Clone Troopers of Order 66 (2016-10-06). Archived from the original on October 6, 2016. Retrieved on February 20, 2018.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know