- "So you have the coordinates for the Nexus Route?"
"I got them all right… half of them, anyway. My captain's got the other half. I erased the computers when we were boarded and had both of us memorize part of the intel. That way, if somehow I cracked, the information would be useless to them without the other half."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Even Piell
During the Clone Wars, Jedi Master Even Piell and the crew of his Star Destroyer were captured by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. After discovering the coordinates of the strategic Nexus Route, Piell's forces were returning from the Outer Rim Territories when they came under attack from the Confederacy navy.
With their heavily damaged cruiser boarded by Separatist battle droids, Piell, Republic Navy Captain Wilhuff Tarkin, and their clone trooper personnel were taken into custody by the Separatists, who sought to pilfer Piell's findings on the Nexus Route. Unwilling to let Piell's Nexus Route intelligence fall into enemy hands, the Jedi Order subsequently launched a mission to rescue Piell from imprisonment in the highly secured Citadel prison before the Separatists could extract the valuable information from him.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel" (First appearance) (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue" (In flashback(s))
- Tarkin (Indirect mention only)
- Tarkin audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 53 (Databank A-Z: Tantive IV–Tatooine) (Indirect mention only)
- "The Beginning of the Clone Wars" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords"
- "Brain Invaders" establishes that the second occupation of Geonosis began after the Second Battle of Geonosis, while Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel shows that it continued throughout the rest of the Clone Wars. As "The Beginning of the Clone Wars" – Star Wars Encyclopedia establishes that the capture of Even Piell occurred after the Second Battle of Geonosis, but still during the Clone Wars, the battle must have been concurrent to the second occupation.
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★))
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY, while its end, depicted in "Tipping Points," must occur in 20 BBY; Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of "Water War" to 20 BBY, while Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle! dates the events of "The Gathering" to be 20 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 20 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As establishes that the events of "Tipping Points," and therefore the end of the Onderonian Civil War, occurred between the events of "Water War" and "The Gathering," the war must have ended in 20 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the mission to Mortis and the Battle of Mon Cala to 20 BBY. As the episode this event takes place within takes place between the events of the episodes the other events are attached to according to , this event must also take place 20 BBY.
- Tarkin (novel)