- "So you have the coordinates for the Nexus Route?"
"I got them all right… half of them, anyway. My captain's got the other half. I erased the computers when we were boarded and had both of us memorize part of the intel. That way, if somehow I cracked, the information would be useless to them without the other half."
- ―Anakin Skywalker and Even Piell
During the Clone Wars, Jedi Master Even Piell and the crew of his Star Destroyer were captured by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. After discovering the coordinates of the strategic Nexus Route, Piell's forces were returning from the Outer Rim Territories when they came under attack from the Confederacy navy.
With their heavily damaged cruiser boarded by Separatist battle droids, Piell, Republic Navy Captain Wilhuff Tarkin, and their clone trooper personnel were taken into custody by the Separatists, who sought to pilfer Piell's findings on the Nexus Route. Unwilling to let Piell's Nexus Route intelligence fall into enemy hands, the Jedi Order subsequently launched a mission to rescue Piell from imprisonment in the highly secured Citadel prison before the Separatists could extract the valuable information from him.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel" (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Tarkin (Indirect mention only)
- Tarkin audiobook (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords"
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★) (link))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the mission to Mortis and the Battle of Mon Cala to 20 BBY. As the episode this event takes place within takes place between the events of the episodes the other events are attached to according to , this event must also take place 20 BBY.