- "This facility is crude, but it should be adequate to freeze Skywalker for his journey to the Emperor."
- ―Darth Vader
A carbon-freeze chamber was used to encase objects, and in some cases individuals, in carbonite. The gas-processing vanes of the floating city Cloud City, located on the gas giant Bespin, each contained a carbon-freeze chamber, which used a mixture of carbonite and Bespin-mined Tibanna gas for flash-freeze preservation. After the Battle of Hoth, one of Cloud City's chambers was used by the Galactic Empire to encase the Rebel smuggler Han Solo, whose frozen form was then handed off to the bounty hunter Boba Fett.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (as carbon-freeze chamber)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 1 (Highlights of the Saga: Duel in Cloud City) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Highlights of the Saga: The Capture of Han Solo)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 35 (Weapons & Uniforms: Ready for Action)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Legacy"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Cast"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Practical"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Process"
- "Battle of Hoth and the Second Death Star" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Bust Collection 1 (Star Wars Universe: Darth Vader) (Picture only)
- (As Carbon-freezing facility)
- ; image #10 (of 16)
- (Picture only)