- "This facility is crude, but it should be adequate to freeze Skywalker for his journey to the Emperor."
- ―Darth Vader
A carbon-freeze chamber was used to encase objects, and in some cases individuals, in carbonite. The gas-processing vanes of the floating city Cloud City, located on the gas giant Bespin, each contained a carbon-freeze chamber, which used a mixture of carbonite and Bespin-mined Tibanna gas for flash-freeze preservation. After the Battle of Hoth, one of Cloud City's chambers was used by the Galactic Empire to encase the Rebel smuggler Han Solo, whose frozen form was then handed off to the bounty hunter Boba Fett.
- 5-Minute Star Wars Villain Stories
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- Star Wars Battlefront (DLC)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader – Join Me"
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? audiobook
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Captured on Cloud City
- Star Wars 1 (Mentioned only)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Leia and Han - The Han Rescue" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- Rescue from Jabba's Palace
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- (As Carbon-freeze chamber)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- (As Carbon-freezing facility)
- ; image #10 (of 16)
- (Picture only)