Carlac was a peaceful, snow-covered planet in the Outer Rim Territories. A town inhabited by members of the Ming Po culture existed on the planet during the Clone Wars. However, that village was burned to the ground by the Death Watch, a radical Mandalorian terrorist group.
During the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the secessionist Confederacy of Independent Systems, Carlac was home to a camp belonging to the Mandalorian terrorist faction Death Watch. In the year 20 BBY, the Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano traveled to Carlac with her friend Lux Bonteri, who secretly planned to join Death Watch in an attempt to get revenge on Count Dooku for the death of his mother. Upon being taken to the Death Watch camp, Bonteri and Tano discovered Ming Po slaves working for Death Watch. A celebration was interrupted by Pieter, Chieftain of the nearby Ming Po Town, who demanded Death Watch return the women they had taken as slaves. Pre Vizsla, leader of Death Watch, agreed.
When Death Watch arrived at the town, Vizsla killed Pieter's granddaughter in front of him and ordered his soldiers to burn the village down. Tano revealed herself to be a Jedi, attempting to defend the village, but she was ultimately captured. Bonteri became aware of the terrorist nature of Death Watch when Tano's execution was ordered for her supposed crimes against Mandalore. The two were rescued by R2-D2, however, and escaped aboard the Phoenix.
Behind the scenes
- The High Republic: Tempest Runner (Mentioned only) (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dangerous Debt" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 68 (Starship Fact File: Gauntlet Fighter/Armed Transport)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 79 (Guide to the Galaxy: Carlac–Frozen Outer Rim World)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 68 (Databank A-Z: Pre Vizsla–Quinlan Vos) (Erroneous mention)
- (Picture only)