- «I am Master Cassa. Two paths lay before you. Choose carefully, for once you start down one, the other is forever closed.»
- ―Cassa Hun[src]
Cassa Hun was a male Twi'lek Jedi Master who served the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic during the Cold War with the Sith Empire. During his time on the Republic Navy staging area of Carrick Station and the Republic capital planet of Coruscant, Hun trained young Jedi Knights to become either Jedi Sentinels or Jedi Guardians.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- «You have chosen your path. To discover where it leads, you must follow it.»
- ―Cassa Hun[src]
A Twi'lek Jedi Master who served the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic during the Cold War against the Sith Empire, Cassa Hun traveled between the Republic Navy's Carrick Station and the Republic capital planet of Coruscant frequently. On Carrick Station, Hun's friend and fellow Jedi Master, Nimi, often directed newly-arrived Jedi Knights to speak with the Twi'lek Jedi about undergoing training to become either a Jedi Sentinel or Jedi Guardian. Hun would teach those Knights about the two training paths, and he frequently gave his students an additional lightsaber if they chose to become a Sentinel, or additional armor if they chose the path of a Guardian. One such student in 3643 BBY was the former apprentice of Jedi Master Orgus Din, and the newly-Knighted Jedi spoke with Hun on either Coruscant or Carrick Station not long after departing the Jedi Order's homeworld of Tython.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- «May the Force guide your steps.»
- ―Cassa Hun[src]
A male Lethan Twi'lek, Cassa Hun had pinkish-red skin and green eyes, and the Jedi wore tan robes while carrying his single lightsaber. He spoke Twi'leki instead of Galactic Basic Standard, and he put his knowledge of Jedi training and philosophy to use while teaching young Knights of the Order.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- "But first, you must learn to focus your ability. You must choose which path you will walk."
- ―Master Nimi instructs players to seek out Cassa Hun
Cassa Hun first appeared in the BioWare video game Star Wars: The Old Republic as the Advanced Class Trainer for the Jedi Knight. He appears on both Carrick Station and the planet Coruscant, though as the player receives the mission "Advanced Training" on the space station, this article assumes Hun met with the player on Carrick Station. Upon speaking with Hun, the player decides to pursue either the Guardian or Sentinel advanced class and then receives the chosen class's additional gear, and both of Hun's locations are marked in the Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide that was released alongside the game in 2011. Hun and the rest of the Advanced Class Trainers were removed in Game Update 5.0 on November 29, 2016, when advanced classes were made available on character creation rather than level 10.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Advanced Training: Jedi Knight" on Carrick Station
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide