Castell was a planet located in the Castell system of the Colonies, situated along the Perlemian Trade Route. The Commerce Guild had interests on Castell and their Presidente Shu Mai hailed from the planet. Castell sided with the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars during which it was defended by Diamond-class cruisers, Recusant-class Commerce Guild destroyers, as well as Commerce Guild Bombers and Commerce Guild corvettes. By the time of the Battle of Felucia during the Clone Wars final year, Castell had been captured by Republic forces. During the Galactic Civil War, it was a colony world of the Galactic Empire. It was ruled by its sector's Imperial Governor, Moff Ssaria.
Behind the scenesEdit
Castell was first mentioned in "Galactic Power Brokers", a Star Wars Legends article written by J.D. Wiker and published in the tenth issue of Star Wars Gamer magazine in 2002. The world was confirmed to be canon by the reference book Ultimate Star Wars, which was published in 2015, and makes its first canonical appearance in the Marvel comic book series Star Wars: Lando.
- Lando 1 (First appearance)
- Lando 2
- "Lando's Big Score"—Galactic Adventures Storybook Collection
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Rise of the Separatists