- "The cat becomes the mouse."
- ―Mori the Bastard
A cat was a type of domesticated animal that made vocalizations that sounded like "meow." Ken occasionally wished he possessed a cat or a dog instead of his pet mooka, Zeebo. The spukamas was a common housecat on Corellia. The pittin was another domesticated cat-like creature, as was the felinx. Like cats, they came in many colors and enjoyed batting at strings. Reekcats were another species.
There were also several sentient feline species in the galaxy, such as the the Cantrosians, the Cathar, the Tinnell, and the Togorians. Some cat-like sentient species, such as Orryxians and Catumen, were often nicknamed "Cats."
- Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novelization (First mentioned)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Missions 8: Togorian Trap (Mentioned only)
- Rebellion 6: The Ahakista Gambit, Part 1 (Statuette)
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed (Mentioned only)
- "Lucky"—Star Wars Tales 23 (Appears in flashback(s)) (Statuette)
- "One of a Kind"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5 (Mentioned only)
- The Lost City of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- The Crystal (Mentioned only)
- The Paradise Snare
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds (As the spukamas)
- Suns of Fortune
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Cat on Wikipedia