- "A monastery, the Catacombs of Cadera, down among the dead."
- ―Baze Malbus, to Cassian Andor
The Catacombs of Cadera were a series of ancient ruins on the moon Jedha. The Catacombs were once an ancient monastery known as the Cadera Monastery, and were located a half-day's walk from the Holy City.
It served as a burial ground for the skeletal remains of thousands of generations of NiJedhan monks, adherents of a vanished faith, whose name and history have been long forgotten. Their humanoid skulls lined the catacomb walls, a revered but morbid presence. The site had a reputation for being haunted by spirits of the departed and was generally avoided by the locals.
At some point, the Catacombs were inhabited by the Church of the Contained Crescent. While inhabiting the ancient monastery, they added a latticed window. The Contained Crescent eventually left the Catacombs years prior to Saw Gerrera and his Partisans, who repurposed the Catacombs into a base which he named "the Gut." It was destroyed when the Death Star tested its laser on Jedha's Holy City, which not only wiped the city off the map but also caused the surrounding surface of Jedha to peel off and destroy anything in its path, including the Catacombs themselves.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (First identified as Cadera Monastery)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story audiobook
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel audiobook
- Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Rogue One Adaptation 2
- Rogue One Adaptation 3
- Star Wars (2015) 39 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Catacombs of Cadera)
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 55 (Weapons & Uniforms: Saw Gerrera's Partisans)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 65 (Helmets: Tam Posla; Weapons & Uniforms: Inhabitants of Jedha)
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- "The Heroes of Rogue One" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy