Cathar was the homeworld of Scape Loewig, a Force-sensitive child whose name was included in aurebesh in a memory crystal recovered by Jedi Chief Librarian Jocasta Nu following the destruction of the Jedi Order in 19 BBY. Shortly after joining the Galactic Empire's 204th Imperial Fighter Wing from the Imperial Academy, the TIE pilot Yrica Quell participated in a patrol on the outskirts of Cathar with her new squadron. Around 5 ABY, she was reminded of the patrol while flying through a debris field in the Cerberon system. Cathar shared its name with the Cathar species, which included Dhina, who served as an Ensign and comscan officer aboard the New Republic refitted Star Destroyer Deliverance in 5 ABY.
Behind the scenes
Cathar was first mentioned in aurebesh in the canon comic Darth Vader (2017) 10, written by Charles Soule, penciled by Giuseppe Camuncoli and released on January 10, 2018. In Star Wars Legends, the planet Cathar first appeared in the comic Tales of the Jedi: Redemption 2, written by Kevin J. Anderson, penciled by Christian Gossett and released on August 26 1998.[source?]
- Darth Vader (2017) 10 (First mentioned) (In Aurebesh text)
- Shadow Fall (Mentioned only)
- Shadow Fall audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Darth Vader (2017) 10
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Shadow Fall
- Shadow Fall takes place approximately half a year after the Battle of Endor, while Before the Awakening states that Kes Dameron and Shara Bey moved to Yavin 4 around six months after the Battle of Endor. Given that Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates their move to 5 ABY, the events of Shadow Fall must also take place around that time. establishes that
- Victory's Price
- Victory's Price begins eleven months after the Battle of Endor, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY. The Battle of Jakku, which Galactic Atlas places in 5 ABY, appears late in the novel. Additionally, Before the Awakening states that Kes Dameron and Shara Bey moved to Yavin 4 around six months after the Battle of Endor, and Galactic Atlas dates their move to 5 ABY. Victory's Price is therefore set in 5 ABY.
- Tales of the Jedi: Redemption 2