- "That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't... doesn't count."
- ―Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi
Only the richest of the Neimoidians were allowed to live on the planet. Their treasures were protected in vaults located in difficult landscape and protected by B1 battle droids. The cities of Cato Neimoidia were built on large bridges spanning massive rock arches.
Cato Neimoidia featured vast forests rich in flora and fauna. Notable species included the Neimoidian kreehawk, a dangerous but beautiful avian found in some aviaries.
- "This is hardly your planet anymore—not since you signed it over to the Banking Clan in return for a stake in this new droid foundry."
- ―Senator Rush Clovis, to Senator Lott Dod
The wealthiest and most resource-rich colony worlds were known as "purse worlds" that served as administrative posts ruling their own set of colonies. These purse worlds were the only colonies allowed to carry the name of Neimoidia. Other Neimoidian purse worlds include Deko Neimoidia and Koru Neimoidia, both were nearby in the same region of the Galaxy. Cato Neimoidia was the oldest purse world and may have been one of the earliest Neimoidian colonies.
Rise of the EmpireEdit
- "This planet is vital to the Separatist movement...A victory here could turn the tide of war!"
- ―Jedi Master Ferroda
In 19 BBY, the Republic launched an attack on the redoubt, led by Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, as well as Republic Navy Commander Jan Dodonna, to find Viceroy Nute Gunray of the Trade Federation and bring him to justice. Although Gunray escaped, he left behind hoards of valuables, all of which were captured by the Republic. In addition to this, he also left behind the mechno-chair he used to contact the other Separatist leaders, and Darth Sidious.
The bridge cities persisted in resisting the Republic, leading to a fierce aerial battle in which Plo Koon was shot down by his own clone pilots shortly after Order 66 was enacted by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, who declared himself Emperor soon afterward. Also, the Jedi clones X1 and X2 fought in the battle, and X2 killed Jedi Master Ferroda in Gunray's palace for attacking his comrades in self defense, though he later turned against the Empire after believing that what the newly founded Empire did on Cato Neimoidia was wrong.
After Anakin Skywalker ended the Clone Wars with the massacre of the Separatist Council on Mustafar, including Nute Gunray. Acting Viceroy Sentepeth Findos resisted for a brief moment, but was forced by Stormtroopers to sign a peace treaty with the Empire the day that the Clone Wars ended, giving all of the Federation's resources to Palpatine's disposal to help him build the Galactic Empire. This had made the Trade Federation a puppet government.
Months after the Clone Wars ended, agents of Bail Organa infiltrated the palace of Darga the Hutt in the ruined capital city of Zarra on Cato Neimoidia. They freed Darga's prisoner, Jedi Master Denia. Before leaving the palace, the agents overheard Darga's majordomo having a conversation with Inquisitor Draco.
Four months after the Republic's transformation into the Galactic Empire, Jedi Dass Jennir came to Cato Neimoidia looking for work. Around the time when the Galactic Civil War began, the planet had been designated as an Imperial Protectorate of the Empire and thus outfitted with an Imperial garrison led by Baron Merillion Tarko. The Baron's iron rule over the planet, however, came to an end when a clone of Galen Marek flew to Cato Neimoidia to rescue General Rahm Kota, resulting in the destruction of much of Tarko-se, its arena, and the death of Tarko by being eaten by a Gorog as well.
- The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Spy"
- "Odds"—Star Wars Insider 87
- "CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:10:05 Edition"—Star Wars Insider 71 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sabotage"
- Brothers in Arms (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil (First appearance)
- Reversal of Fortune (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic Commando: Order 66 (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic: Into the Unknown (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Purge: Seconds to Die (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Dark Times 13: Blue Harvest, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dark Times 14: Blue Harvest, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- Celestia Galactica Photografica
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II novel
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II comic
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- Chronicles of the Gatekeeper
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 8
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 23
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 33
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 35
- "Juno and the Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 120
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- "Unexpected Journeys"—Star Wars Insider 140
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Lords of Nal Hutta
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 The Clone Wars Campaign Guide, p. 106
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 Chronicles of the Gatekeeper
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ Scars of War discusses Jorra being in Chronicles of the Gatekeeper
- ↑ The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 3