Cell 2187 was Princess Leia Organa's cell on the original Death Star. Found in Detention Block AA-23, sub-level five, an area reserved for political prisoners, Organa was held here after she was captured by Darth Vader and tortured by an IT-O Interrogation Unit. Following the destruction of Alderaan, she was scheduled to be executed, but Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Chewbacca effected a daring rescue.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy, Leia Organa is also designated as "Prisoner 2187."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Princess Leia – The Rescue"
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy audiobook
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Episode IV: A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Trapped in the Death Star!
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- "Change of Heart"—From a Certain Point of View
- From a Certain Point of View audiobook
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Databank A-Z: Dengar–Domino Squad)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Indirect mention only)
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Connections"
- The Art of The Mandalorian Season One (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Page 3 of Life After Darth an in-depth look at George Lucas's artistic influences and future aspirations from Wired