The Central Control Computer controlled the Trade Federation Droid Army.
Before the Invasion of Naboo, the Trade Federation used battle droids that were all subject to the Central Control Computer. This computer, located on an orbiting command ship or station, allowed the droid control program to instantly relay information and orders from unit to unit no matter where they were on the planet.
The weakness to this system was shown during the Battle of Naboo. Once the Droid Control Ship Vuutun Palaa was destroyed by Anakin Skywalker, all the droids simply froze where they were. Also, if the channels were jammed, the once deadly army would be reduced to pieces of statuary.
This technique would lose favor with CIS battle droids during the Clone Wars. However, the Separatists did equip at least some of their battle droids with separate droid brains so they could continue to provide resistance against GAR forces even after the destruction of the planet's central control computers.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Cloak of Deception
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth" ("Director's Cut" version only) (Mentioned only) (as central computer)
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 8 (NAB6, The Naboo Blockade; BAT1–2, Trade Federation Battle Droid)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 9 (ELE4, Electrobinoculars)
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy at War
- The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary