Located on Level 5000, the planet Coruscant's central power distribution grid was comprised of massive generator towers that powered the entire ecumenopolis. During the Clone Wars, a series of conflicts fought between the Galactic Republic and the breakaway Confederacy of Independent Systems, it was bombed on the orders of Count Dooku, the Separatist Head of State, to sabotage peace talks between the two factions, resulting in large fires and a planetwide blackout on Coruscant. After receiving confirmation that the Separatist were responsible for the attack, the Republic rejected their peace offer. While Coruscant's power grid was eventually restored, mandatory blackouts were put in place to help conserve energy and some districts were rarely ever provided with electricity.
Behind the scenesEdit
Coruscant's central power distribution grid first appeared in "Heroes on Both Sides," the tenth episode of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' third season, which first aired on November 19, 2010.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion" (Indirect mention only)
- (First identified as central power distribution grid)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three