The Cereans were a species of sentient mammals hailing from the planet Cerea. They were distinguished by their enlarged conical cranium that contained a binary brain. The Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, who sat on the Jedi High Council during the waning years of the Galactic Republic, was a Cerean male.
Biology and appearance
- "Hey, Soo-Tath! You're looking good! Love the hat! Is it new?"
- ―Chelli Lona Aphra, to the Soo-Tath
Humanoid mammals distinguished by their massive coned craniums, the Cereans kept complex, binary brains within their towering skulls which allowed the garden species to see both sides of any issue. These organs relied on blood pumped from their two hearts. Cereans could grow hair and some sported eyebrows, white beards, dark stubble, and even topknots and braids.
Cereans in the galaxy
Ki-Adi-Mundi was a Jedi Master and member of the Jedi High Council whose white beard and wise features attested to years spent in service to the Jedi Order. He fought throughout the Clone Wars and was killed by the clone troopers of the 21st Nova Corps when Darth Sidious issued Order 66.
Soo-Tath was a Cerean who operated as a debt collector during the Galactic Civil War and threatened Chelli Lona Aphra after she failed to pay the organization he represented. However, the protocol droid 0-0-0 attacked Soo-Tath with a neurotoxin that resulted in the Cerean's death.
Kidi Aleri was a Cerean female communications specialist who served the Rebel Alliance in the Galactic Civil War. She was one of several individuals that were part of a team headed by Princess Leia Organa for a mission known as Operation Yellow Moon.
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Embersteel Blade"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Crisis on Coruscant" (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DLC)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga