Ch'hodos was a rocky desert planet that orbited a red sun within the Outer Rim Territories' Sith Worlds region. Ch'hodos was considered a lesser world of the Sith Empire and served as the central base of the Sith Lord Shar Dakhan by the year 5000 BBY.
During the Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow's preparations to attack the Galactic Republic, Ch'hodos became a rally ground for his Sith soldiers, with Sadow himself and his apprentice, Gav Daragon, overlooking the embarking of the troops. More than a millennium later, the radiation from Ch'hodos's sun had increased, leading to mutations in the local desert wildlife.
Ch'hodos was a red, rocky planet with deserts on its surface. It orbited a red sun in the Ch'hodos system, a part of the Esstran sector in the Trans-Hydian portion of the Outer Rim Territories. The area of space containing the planet, known as the Sith Worlds, was surrounded by the Stygian Caldera nebulosity.
Ch'hodos lay along the Nache Bhelfia—a looping hyperlane that connected the five sacred Sith worlds of Ziost, Khar Delba, Rhelg, Krayiss II, and Korriban—while the Zorfe Trete hyperspace route linked Ch'hodos to the world of Ashas Ree. Ch'hodos's deserts harbored native lifeforms.
An ambitious planet, Ch'hodos held the status of one of the lesser worlds of the Sith Empire and was under the control of Ziost, the Empire's capital world. By 5000 BBY, Ch'hodos served as the Sith Lord Shar Dakhan's central base. During the Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow's preparations to attack the Galactic Republic that year, Ch'hodos was used as a place to rally his Sith soldiers of the Massassi caste.
Overseen by Dakhan, Sadow's amassed armies embarked aboard Sith personnel carriers that were waiting in front of a large stone building, while several starfighters and a shuttle flew overhead. Sadow himself and Gav Daragon, his Human apprentice, also observed the gathering troops while discussing the upcoming attack.
Circa 3643 BBY, the radiation from Ch'hodos's sun had increased, causing mutations in the local desert wildlife. An individual visited Ch'hodos at that time to observe the changes in the planet's lifeforms. Inside a cave, the visitor discovered skeletons of mutated creatures, which suggested that the planet's sun had cyclically gone through similar changes in radiation output in the past. The individual visiting Ch'hodos then obtained many comparative samples and brought them back to a partner.
Behind the scenes
Ch'hodos made its first appearance in the second issue of The Fall of the Sith Empire story arc of the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi series of comic books. The issue was published on July 23, 1997, and was written by Kevin J. Anderson and penciled by Dario Carrasco, Jr. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the planet in grid square R-4.
- Tales of the Jedi – The Fall of the Sith Empire 2 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Ch'hodos system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Bioanalysis Crew Skill mission: "Under a Red Star"
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 123 ("Ch'hodos")
- Tales of the Jedi – The Fall of the Sith Empire 2
- The Essential Atlas dates the Great Hyperspace War to the year 5000 BBY.
- Per the reasoning here, Act I of Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place around 3643 BBY. Since players of The Old Republic can assign their companions on the mission "Under a Red Star" independently of the main class storyline at any point during the game, the mission must take place at some point around 3643 BBY.