Ch'hodos's red sun was a red star that was located in the Ch'hodos system. It was a part of the Esstran sector, in the Trans-Hydian portion of the Outer Rim Territories. The area of space containing the star was surrounded by the nebulosity of the Stygian Caldera, and was known as the Sith Worlds. The Ch'hodos system was linked via Nache Bhelfia hyperlane to the Krayiss and Ziost systems, while the hyperspace route known as Zorfe Trete connected it to the Ashas Ree system.
An individual visiting Ch'hodos at that time discovered skeletons of mutated creatures inside a cave, which suggested that the planet's sun had cyclically gone through similar changes in radiation output in the past.
Behind the scenes
Ch'hodos's red sun was mentioned in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a 2011 massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare. The Ch'hodos system, and therefore the red sun, was placed in grid square R-4 by the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Ch'hodos system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas places the Ch'hodos system, and therefore Ch'hodos's sun, in grid square R-4 and depicts territory falling in that grid square as being located in the Trans-Hydian region.
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Ch'hodos system
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Bioanalysis Crew Skill mission: "Under a Red Star"
- Per the reasoning here, Act I of Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place around 3643 BBY. Since players of The Old Republic can assign their companions on the mission "Under a Red Star" independently of the main class storyline at any point during the game, the mission must take place at some point around 3643 BBY.