- "Some little… bat weasel? I don't know. Like an Ugnaught with a gland issue or somethin'. I thought he was a really hairy kid at first."
- ―The Scrapper
The Chadra-Fan was a sentient species of meter-tall, rodent-like humanoids from the Outer Rim world of Chad. They had large ears, and flat noses with four nostrils. The Chadra-Fans Troo-tril-tek and Tiver were bounty hunters during the Republic Era while Piikow and another Chadra-Fan were rebels that opposed the Galactic Empire. The Chadra-Fans Shortpaw and Orka were junk sellers. Many other sentient beings looked down on Chadra-Fans and saw them as pets or lesser beings.
Biology and appearance[edit | edit source]
- "I wanted adventure, but no one seems to take me seriously."
"It is probably because you are diminutive and furry, and you have a high voice. These traits combine to trick the human mind into thinking you are a child or a pet because humans are of lesser intellect."
- ―Kriki and Pook
Chadra-Fans were a sentient rodent-like humanoid species standing as a meter tall from the Outer Rim world of Chad. They were distinguished by their large ears, flat noses and four nostrils. While their hair varied from brown to gray, their eyes were always dark. Chadra-Fans also had sensitive hearing. Chadra-Fans had two hearts and only needed to sleep about three hours a day.
Chadra-Fans in the galaxy[edit | edit source]
- "My two Chadra-Fan trackers, Hardhear and his grandson Sissian, could detect Vader at a distance."
- ―Wilhuff Tarkin
Prior to the Crisis on Naboo, the Chadra-Fan bounty hunter Troo-tril-tek was hired by Darth Maul to assist him in infiltrating the auction of the Jedi Padawan Eldra Kaitis. Sometime before the Plot to assassinate Padmé Amidala, another Chadra-Fan bounty hunter named Tiver was hired by the famed bounty hunter Jango Fett and killed shortly after in an attempt to betray him.
Sometime after the occupation of Mon Cala, the Chadra-Fan trackers Hardhear and his grandson Sissian were hired, for their sensitive hearing, to assist Wilhuff Tarkin in hunting Darth Vader on Chandar's Folly. The Chadra-Fan Kabe was a patron of Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina on Tatooine and was present when Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi went there looking for transport to Alderaan. Piikow was a Chadra-Fan member of the Dreamers rebel cell in 0 ABY. Another Chadra-Fan rebel was a part of the Sullustan resistance. Chadra-Fans including Meymik, Shortpaw, Tel'kap, Tiquip, and Fbinti Fith were in the Anoat sector during the Iron Blockade. The Chadra-Fan Orka was the co-owner of the Office of Acquisitions on the refueling station Colossus. The Chadra-Fan Kriki lived at Black Spire Outpost on Batuu and was recruited into the Resistance by Vi Moradi.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Art of Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 40 (Databank A-Z: Moraband–Muftak)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars Resistance: Meet the Pilots
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- Darth Maul 2
- Age of Republic - Jango Fett 1
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 18
- Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Member: "Fbinti Fith"