Chagrians were an amphibious sentient species of tall, horned humanoids with blue skin that were native to the planet Champala. Chagrians were most notably recognized by their thick tentacles that curved around their shoulders, as well as two more horn-like extremities above their heads.
The Chagrian Mas Amedda served as the Vice Chair of the Galactic Senate under both Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum and his successor Sheev Palpatine, only to become his Grand Vizier following the inception of the Galactic Empire.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Chagrians featured two fleshy head tentacles protruding from the back side of their skull, called lethorns, wrapping down over their shoulders and ending in brownish-tipped horn-like outgrowths. They featured another pair, although these, rather than collapsing, were firmer and stood straight above their heads. Chagrians also featured long black forked tongues they would sometimes flicker in a gesture of authority.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 2 (Databank A-Z: Alzoc III–Antilles)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Databank A-Z: C-21–Chandrila)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 10 (Highlights of the Saga: Birth of an Empire) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide