- "I came from a pacifist colony, Master Jedi. We were bullied remorselessly: by pirates, corporations, Hutts, even governments. I joined the military as soon as I could. Peace only comes to those willing to fight for it."
- ―Fideltin Rusk
A colony of the Chagrian species existed on the planet Mindor during the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. Founded sometime before the year 3680 BBY, the colony was the birthplace of Fideltin Rusk, a Chagrian who rebelled against the colony's extreme pacifism and enlisted in the Republic Military. However, the colonists' refusal to take action against those who oppressed them led to the colony's destruction at the hands of the Sith Empire in 3650 BBY.
A small colony of the Chagrian species, the settlement on the Inner Rim planet Mindor was inhabited by colonists who were extremely devoted to the pacifist ideals that were common in Chagrian culture, to the point that they refused to fight back against those who took advantage of them. The colony was harassed, terrorized, and manipulated by Hutts, pirates, companies, and even various governments throughout its existence, but the Chagrians stayed true to their values and refused to fight even when the reconstituted Sith Empire attacked the colony.
- "Ten years ago, the colony was attacked by the Sith. My family was killed. They never fought back. The Sith crushed them, the way you might step on a bug."
- ―Fideltin Rusk
Founded by 3680 BBY, the Mindor colony was home to the mother and father of Fideltin Rusk, who was born in the colony that year. As he was raised in the colony, it endured the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, though Rusk grew disillusioned with his family's pacifist values and enlisted with the Republic Military as soon as he was able. In the year 3650 BBY, early during the tense Cold War between the Republic and the Empire, the colony suffered an Imperial attack during an illegal incursion into Republic space. The colony was wiped out, and the news of his family's deaths drove Rusk to become increasingly reckless with the lives of his soldiers and even more devoted to the Republic Military.
Behind the scenes
The Chagrian colony was first mentioned on the official site for Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare and LucasArts in 2011, in the Holonet entry for Fideltin Rusk. A companion character for the Jedi Knight class, Rusk also mentions the colony and its fate in the conversation "Passive Resistance," and the colony is mentioned in the in-game Codex under Rusk's entry.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned in-game; Codex entry)
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia establishes that Fideltin Rusk was forty years old in the events of Star Wars: The Old Republic, which it dates to 3640 BBY. Thus, he must have been born in 3680 BBY and the Chagrian colony, where he was born, must have been built by that year.
- years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and The Old Republic Encyclopedia places the Battle of Ilum at the end of Act III in 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Sergeant Rusk: "Passive Resistance" establishes that the Chagrian colony was destroyed ten years prior to the conversation, which takes place in Act III and thus in approximately 3640 BBY per the reasoning here. Thus, the placing the destruction in 3651 BBY. places Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Sergeant Rusk: "Passive Resistance" establishes that Fideltin Rusk was born in a Chagrian colony and Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia identifies Rusk's homeworld as Mindor; therefore, the colony must be location on that planet.
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Sergeant Rusk: "Passive Resistance"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Sergeant Fideltin Rusk"