- "On my homeworld, there are spiritual refuges for people to explore their natural talents and their faiths. It is a noble thing."
Chalacta was a pleasant world located in the Kastolar sector of the Mid Rim. It was the homeworld of the Chalactans, a well-known, baseline Human culture, though were so distinct, that they were considered Near-Humans. Chalactan lived in small farms and cities and were very peaceful and spiritual. They were universally respected and known for the Chalactan Adepts.
- "On the Mid Rim world of Chalacta, Senator Yudrish Sedran has consulted the Chalactan Temple of Illumination for direction, adopting a strong anti-Military Creation Act stance that has been anecdotally supported by Chalactan Jedi Depa Billaba and Sar Labooda."
- ―HoloNet News
Chalacta was once an uninhabited planet until it was colonized by the Chalactan Adepts.
Circa 22 BBY, the Chalactans were represented in the Galactic Senate by Senator Yudrish Sedran, who opposed the Military Creation Act after consulting the wisdom of the Temple of Illumination. Chalacta was the homeworld of Jedi Depa Billaba and Sar Labooda.
- Cloak of Deception (Mentioned only)
- Shatterpoint (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars (2013) 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars (2013) 12 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned)
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 131 (BIL1-4, Depa Billaba)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook