- "I'll let you come along on the next mission. Let's polish off a few more of those rough edges first. You can come next time, I promise."
- ―Chankar Kim, to Enwandung-Esterhazy, before the Battle of Geonosis
Chankar Kim was a female Jedi Master who lived during the last years of the Galactic Republic. Sometime around 22 BBY, Kim took Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy as her Padawan, even though the girl was weak in the Force. When fellow Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi was captured during a mission on the planet Geonosis, Kim was part of a Jedi strike team sent to rescue him. In the ensuing battle, Kim was killed, leaving Enwandung-Esterhazy an orphaned Padawan.
- "I don't know what Chankar saw in her."
"We'll never know now."
- ―Mace Windu and Jai Maruk, on Kim and Enwandung-Esterhazy
Chankar Kim was a Force-sensitive female who lived during the last decades before the end of the Galactic Republic. After being accepted and trained by the Jedi Order, Kim eventually reached the rank of Jedi Knight and later that of a Jedi Master. Three months before the outbreak of the Clone Wars in 22 BBY, she took Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy, nicknamed "Scout," as her Padawan, although even Jedi Council member Mace Windu and other Jedi failed to see what potential Kim saw in the Force-weak girl.
Three months after Kim took Scout as her Padawan, Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi was captured by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during a mission on the planet Geonosis. Windu assembled a group of Jedi to free them, and Kim was part of the task force. Before leaving, she told Scout that her Padawan would accompany her on the "next mission." However, the rescue mission turned into a full-scale battle against the Confederate droid army, and Kim fell in the fight in the Petranaki arena, leaving Scout an orphaned Padawan with a case of survivor's guilt. Three years later, her Padawan found another Master, Jai Maruk. However, on their first mission together, Maruk was killed too, leaving Scout once again without a Master.
Personality and traitsEdit
Kim took Scout as her Padawan, although many Jedi failed to find the reason why she decided to train the seemingly ungifted girl. Although a fully trained Jedi Master, Kim was killed on Geonosis, like many other Jedi.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 217 ("Kim, Chankar") states Chankar Kim was killed in the Geonosis arena, which Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds identifies as the Petranaki arena.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 217 ("Kim, Chankar")