Chaos, also known as the Void, was a mythological place associated with disorder. When referred to as Hell, it hinted at an unpleasant afterlife—a deck officer once told Han Solo he would probably freeze to death in the icy plains of Hoth, to which Solo replied "Then I'll see you in Hell." The term could also be used as an expletive, such as when Clone trooper CT-782 "Hevy" asked what "the hell" a Rishi eel was after it took CT-4040 "Cutup."
According to a legend of the Naboo people, Chaos was a pit held back by six impenetrable gates. In a direct reference to that legend, the virtually fathomless core of Theed's power generator was kept behind six laser gates.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as Chaos)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- "STET!"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Chaos. Encyclopædia Britannica. Archived from the original on November 24, 2020. Retrieved on November 21, 2020. "Chaos, (Greek: "Abyss") in early Greek cosmology, either the primeval emptiness of the universe before things came into being or the abyss of Tartarus, the underworld."