The Charric was a Chiss ranged weapon. The term was often used specifically to denote personal weapons, including pistols and larger handguns similar in appearance to a two-handed blaster rifle, but it could also be applied to more powerful weapons mounted on vehicle hard points, and the much larger Megamaser artillery.
Charrics fired a blue beam sometimes described as a maser-guided particle discharge. By delivering both kinetic and thermal energy, the charric, like the blaster rendered most ceramic and polymer-based armors ineffective, but unlike the blaster caused an electric shock upon contact with metallic armors. Charrics were unable to be reflected by lightsabers, and also carried far more kinetic energy, with the "enormous impact" of the bolts being substantial enough to physically wear down a Jedi Knight to the point of having their lightsaber knocked from their grasp.
Some were equipped with stun settings which shut off the particle beam and replaced the maser with a green EM-charge tuned to neurological patterns, though more damaging burn settings to incapacitate targets seem to have also been available. Charrics, while accurate, had shorter ranges than blasters, especially the handgun models. The charric handgun had a power pack that had to be replaced after forty shots and had an effective range of eight meters.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Outbound Flight
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Vision of the Future (First appearance)
- Vision of the Future unabridged audiobook
- Survivor's Quest
- Red Sky, Blue Flame"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey (As charrik)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
- Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Chiss"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 137 (CHI3-4, Chiss)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia