Chess was a board game played throughout the galaxy.
The Mon Calamari were noted throughout the galaxy as master chess players. Han Solo had a chess set onboard the Millennium Falcon which he occasionally enjoyed, and he was once beaten soundly at the game by the diminutive droid Blue Max. The Slith known as Sssiii entertained visitors to the Galactic Circus by playing chess.
Behind the scenesEdit
Chess in the Star Wars galaxy appears to be the same game as chess on the planet Earth. Real world chess also inspired the game of Dejarik.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Han Solo at Stars' End comic (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journal: Hero for Hire (Mentioned only)
- Bantha Tracks #17
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- "Le facteur X"—Casus Belli 115
- "Millennium Man"—Star Wars Insider 106
Notes and referencesEdit
- Chess on Wikipedia