- "I have led our people since before you were born. I've seen a hundred planets rise and fall through force of arms. If it's not the Separatists out there, then it is an aggressive and malevolent enemy nonetheless, and I will not let whoever it is jeopardize the security of the people of Pantora."
- ―Chi Cho to Riyo Chuchi
Chi Cho was the Chairman of the Pantoran Assembly during the Clone Wars. Though a brave warrior, ready and willing to fight and die for his homeworld, he was ruthless in his viewpoints and preferred aggression over diplomacy. This would ultimately lead to his death in battle against the Talz.
Cho, along with Senator Riyo Chuchi embarked on a mission, accompanied by Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, to investigate a lack of response from a Republic outpost on Orto Plutonia. Cho and the Jedi also found an abandoned Separatist base on the planet but were convinced that there were droids around and that they could attack the party at any moment. Cho soon found out that Talz, a species which inhabited Orto Plutonia, were responsible for the attack and could be a threat to the Pantorans.
Senator Chuchi wasn't responding well to Cho's actions, when he decided to go to war with the Talz and seize the planet for Pantora. Kenobi and Skywalker, who thought Cho was walking into a trap, gave the Pantoran chairman Clone Captain Rex, and his squad to help Cho and the Pantoran warriors.
Soon after, on senator Chuchi's request, the Pantoran Assembly declared chairman Cho's actions "out of order" and instructed the senator to find a diplomatic solution with the Talz. Meanwhile, Cho was heavily outnumbered and one of the Talz threw a spear in his back and mortally wounded him, leading to his death.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "There will be no diplomacy this time!"
- ―Chi Cho to Riyo Chuchi
Chi Cho was a steadfast patriot of Pantora and venerated by his people for his long years of service in the Pantoran Assembly. Although a courageous soldier and a strong leader, Cho was arrogant and contentious in his dealings. As seen with the Talz, he considered any civilization he deemed lower than his own to be unworthy of recognition and adamantly refused to even consider negotiating, deriding them as savages. He was likewise curt and dismissive in his attitude towards Senator Chuchi's opinions, viewing her youth as a sign of inexperience and naivety, as well as those of the Jedi on the grounds that they were outsiders and he saw them only as potential tools of brute force.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence" (Appears in flashback(s))
- (Picture only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 10 (Databank A-Z: Chewbacca–Cloud City)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- ↑ Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Highlights of the Saga: The Betrayal of Captain Argyus) dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Cloak of Darkness" to 21 BBY and Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the episode "Blue Shadow Virus" to 21 BBY. As the episode "Defenders of Peace" takes place between the two episodes according to , Chi Cho's death must take place in that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"