Chiffonage was a human male who served in the Rebel Alliance's military as a commander during the Galactic Civil War. In 3 ABY, he was stationed in Echo Base on the ice planet Hoth, where he attended a strategy conference alongside members of Alliance High Command to formulate strategies in order to achieve victory in the war. He later operated in the command center prior to the Battle of Hoth.
Chiffonage served as a commander in the Rebel Alliance's military branch during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. In 3 ABY, he was stationed in the Rebel Alliance's Echo Base on the ice planet Hoth. Chiffonage attended a strategy conference with various members of Alliance High Command that lasted several days, discussing strategies that would help the Rebel Alliance win the war as quickly as possible. Thanks to information provided by Imperial defector Everi Chalis, the attendees were able to devise a plan, and pardoned Chalis of her past deeds as an Imperial governor in return.
Later on, Chiffonage was monitoring a screen in Echo Base's command center while seated next to Princess Leia Organa when rebel Captain Han Solo reported to General Carlist Rieekan of his need to leave the Rebel Alliance in order to settle personal issues. When the Viper probe droid XJ9-CS14 discovered the base's location and reported it to the Empire, the rebels began a mass evacuation. The majority of the base's personnel were able to escape Echo Base before it was subsequently captured by the Empire in the ensuing Battle of Hoth.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Chiffonage first appeared as a background extra portrayed by an uncredited actor in the 1980 original trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. The scenes in the Echo Base control room featuring Chiffonage were shot on Stage 1 at Elstree Studios between March 26 and 28, 1979.
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the character of Beryl Chiffonage was created for West End Games' 1988 board game Assault on Hoth. He was retconned into Empire Strikes Back in the article Who's Who in Echo Base, which was written by Josh Radke and published in Star Wars Insider 74 on February 24, 2004. The name was partially brought into canon when the character was mentioned in Alexander Freed's 2015 novel, Battlefront: Twilight Company.
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only) (First identified as Chiffonage, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only) (First identified as Chiffonage, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where Chiffonage is mentioned is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The mention must have therefore happened in 3 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Droidography
- ↑ Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Highlights of the Saga: Ground Assault on Hoth)
- ↑ The Making of The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Assault on Hoth
- ↑ "Who's Who in Echo Base"—Star Wars Insider 74