- "I am impressed! You know not only the language of the Yuuzhan Vong, but the ways of the warrior. What is your name?"
"Jariah Syn. Served once with a Yuuzhan Vong warrior named Chonyo. He taught me a lot."
- ―Fionah Ti and Jariah Syn, in 137 ABY
Chonyo was a male Yuuzhan Vong warrior who crewed aboard the Crimson Axe at some point before the year 137 ABY. The Crimson Axe was a vessel captained by Rav, a notorious Feeorin pirate whose opportunistic crew helped him attack ships and settlements throughout the galaxy. While serving aboard the vessel, Chonyo taught the young Human Jariah Syn to manipulate Yuuzhan Vong biotechnology and to operate illegal Yuuzhan Vong weaponry such as thud bugs and amphistaffs, both of which Syn could easily handle by 137 ABY. Chonyo was fluent in the Yuuzhan Vong, a tongue that he also taught to Syn.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Created by John Ostrander and Jan Duursema, Chonyo was first mentioned in 2007 in the seventeenth issue of the comic series Star Wars: Legacy, although he was not given a name until 2010 when he was again referenced in Legacy's forty-fourth issue. His only other mention in Star Wars canon has been in 2009's Legacy Era Campaign Guide.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Legacy 17: Claws of the Dragon, Part 4 (First mentioned)
- Legacy 44: Monster, Part 2 (First identified as Chonyo)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide (under "Jariah Syn")