Choose Your Own Star Wars Adventure: A New Hope, the first book in the Choose Your Own Star Wars Adventure trilogy, is a young readers novel by Christopher Golden, published by Bantam Skylark in 1998. It is written from the second person point of view with the reader taking on the role of Luke Skywalker's best friend, the protagonist of the story. The book features a number of points in which the reader can influence the story by deciding which page to turn to, resulting in multiple storylines and endings.
Is the Force with you?
Join Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Han Solo to fight against the evil Galactic Empire—only this time you control the twists, turns, and outcomes of the most exciting adventure in the galaxy. Will you help lead the Rebellion to victory against the Empire? Or side with Darth Vader and betray your friends? The fate of the galaxy is in your hands—May the Force be with you.
- Try to escape the Sand People but get killed by them (non-canon).
- Go back to the Lars' destroyed farm with Luke. You are devastated and go back to your own home. (non-canon)
- Try to say good-bye to your family before joining the Rebel Alliance. (all of the following are non-canon)
- Go back home and don't continue the adventure.
- Get captured by the Empire.
- Refuse to exploit Leia and get sent to Kessel.
- Get Leia to tell you where the Rebel base is.
- Betray the Empire and help Leia escape. Alderaan is spared and the Death Star is destroyed.
- Betray Leia and get attacked by the Rebels as you approach Yavin 4.
- Use Leia to force the Alliance to surrender. You are made an Imperial captain, the Rebel base is destroyed, and your friends are executed.
- Help Leia escape and the Death Star is destroyed. Leia doesn't reveal your betrayal and you try to make up for it. Ben Kenobi starts a Jedi training program which you, Luke, and Leia enroll in.
- Play the scenario by ear. Help Leia escape and get shot while protecting Luke, or stay out of the way and Luke dies instead while you die by the Death Star's explosion.
- Escape the Death Star without Leia, but with the Death Star plans. (non-canon)
- Get crushed by the trash compactor. (non-canon)
- Salvage the rescue attempt of Princess Leia by showing Han Solo how to deal with the Imperials. Ben escapes with all of you, the Death Star is destroyed, and Ben starts a new Jedi training program (non-canon)
- Join the Rebel Alliance and assist in the destruction of the Death Star.
- Refuse Luke's order to retreat and help defend him while he destroys the Death Star. Vader attacks you but Han and Luke destroy him. (non-canon)
- Obey Luke's order and retreat. Han and Chewie return and help Luke.
- Join Han Solo and Chewbacca
- Don't participate in the Death Star run; Luke is killed and the Empire builds three Death Stars. (non-canon)
- Convince Han to turn around and help Luke destroy the Death Star.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (novel)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (junior novelization)