Choose Your Own Star Wars Adventure: Return of the Jedi, the third book in the Choose Your Own Star Wars Adventure trilogy, is a young reader novel by Christopher Golden, published by Bantam Skylark in 1998. It is written from the second person point of view with the reader taking on the role of Luke Skywalker's best friend, the protagonist of the story. The book features a number of points in which the reader can influence the story by deciding which page to turn to, resulting in multiple storylines and endings.r friends? The fate of the galaxy is in your hands—May the Force be with you.
Plot summary[edit | edit source]
You are Luke Skywalker's best friend. Han Solo has fallen into the clutches of Jabba the Hutt and you and Lando are staked out at Jabba's Palace as guards, while Luke puts his plan into action.
Possible endings[edit | edit source]
- Surrender to Jabba, who'll release you for info on the Rebellion. (all of the following are non-canon)
- Betray your friends to Jabba, who are imprisoned. You are released but subsequently shunned by the Rebellion.
- Surrender to Jabba, refuse to give any information, and everyone gets fed to the rancor.
- Follow Luke into the rancor pit and release the monster on the palace while you escape. (all of the following are non-canon)
- Try to help Lando escape the sarlacc but get eaten by it. (non-canon)
- Join Lando Calrissian in the Millennium Falcon to fight and destroy the second Death Star.
- Help your friends on Endor destroy the shield generator.
- Join Luke in the final battle against Vader and Emperor Palpatine.
- Stay on the light side while Luke falls to the dark side. (non-canon)
- Fall to the dark side while Luke stays on the light, Anakin Skywalker is redeemed and so are you.