The Chorlian sector was a sector of space in the Outer Rim Territories of the galaxy that was considered to be part of Wild Space for much of its history. Known for its near-lawlessness, the sector contained more than half a dozen star systems, including the Malachor system—the site of a slave rebellion under the reign of the reconstituted Sith Empire, the Battle of Malachor V that decided the Mandalorian Wars—as well as the Zygerria system, home of the Zygerrian species, and the Rekkiad and Nathema systems. The sector was under the control of various Sith states for much of history, with the planet Medriaas serving as an agriworld for the first Sith Empire, and Malachor V was the site of the Trayus Academy before the planet's destruction during the First Jedi Purge. The Chorlian sector was crossed by the Listehol Run and the Shaltin Tunnels hyperspace routes, and was located on the edges of the known galaxy. During the time of the New Republic, the sector was represented in the New Republic Senate by a senator who believed that the Senate had been infiltrated by Imperial agents.
Notes and references
- The Essential Atlas
- The Old Republic: Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Rebelling Slaves"
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- Specter of the Past
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Archaeology Crew Skill mission: "Zygerrian Underground"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- The Essential Guide to Warfare