- "I trade basic stock, necessities, for Requisition Scrip. But for Chromium? I have special items, hard to procure. Best in entire sector."
Chromium, also known as chrome, was a rare and valuable elemental metal that could be used as currency as well as plating for a starship. In the Naboo culture, a ship plated with chromium signified the presence of royalty. Even after stepping down as Queen of Naboo, Padmé Amidala continued to travel in ships fully clad in chromium. Chromium was mined from one of Naboo's moons.
The armor worn by Captain Phasma of the First Order was coated in chromium salvaged from a Naboo yacht once owned by Emperor Palpatine. The polished finish of that armor was capable of reflecting certain harmful radiations. Phasma's blaster rifle was also coated in chromium.
Behind the scenes
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Flight of the Arrowhead" (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Poe to the Rescue"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Attack of the Conscience"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- "True Love"
- Star Wars: Uprising—The Forgotten Foundry: "The Motherlode"
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide