- "As someone who's been with one human family for multiple generations, I'm well aware that the organic birthing process is rather complicated. Fortunately, the Chroon-Tan B-Machine is a midwife droid programmed to safely deliver your latest models off your internal assembly line and into the world with minimal startup issues"
The Chroon-Tan B-Machine was a type of midwife droid designed to assist with the organic birthing process. The floating medical droid was designed to assist a variety of species with birth and newborn care. These droids had white faces inset with green and blue light sensors, rotund silver bodies, and thermal cushions to warm and cradle newborns. They were programmed to make soothing cooing sounds during childbirth. One of these medical units assisted with the birth of Senator Padmé Amidala's twin children, Luke and Leia, in the Polis Massa Base.
Years after, Darth Vader visited the Polis Massa Base, with his forensics droid ZED-6-7 accessing the memory bank of a damaged Chroon-Tan B-Machine, allowing Vader to watch footage his wife's plea that there was still good in Anakin, directed to his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, before dying. Sometime after that, Sabé returned to the ruined base where she spoke to the damaged droid and saw the same recording of Amidala's last words.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Darth Vader (2020) 5 (Wreckage only)
- Darth Vader (2020) 18 (Wreckage only)
- Darth Vader (2020) 20 (Wreckage only) (In flashback(s))
- Darth Vader (2020) 23 (Wreckage only) (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 32 (Databank A-Z: Kel Dor–Ki-Adi-Mundi) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Droidography (First identified as Chroon-Tan B-Machine)
- "R2-D2" – Star Wars Encyclopedia (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)