- "Cipher agents are faceless. They go wherever is needed, become whoever is necessary to get the job done."
Organization and philosophyEdit
- "With the rank comes certain privileges – including a degree of operational independence. You may recruit your own operatives, and you will be outfitted with a starship."
Cipher Agents, like all Imperial Intelligence operatives ranked above Agent, were stripped of their former names and identities and given numeral designations, such as Cipher Nine or Cipher Three. They would often use false names as a deception, but their original names were forbidden to them.
During the Cold War, one Cipher was stationed within the Republic Strategic Information Service, and was aided by fellow Imperial Agent Ula Vii. In this time, an attack by an Imperial dissident called the Eagle led to the destruction of the Dominator that seemingly killed the Dark Councilor Darth Jadus. The threat of the terrorists led to Keeper assigning one of his agents the rank of Cipher Nine who was tasked with eliminating the terrorist network.
Equipment and trainingEdit
- "You're a Cipher agent. Specializations in disguise, seduction, infiltration, assassination."
- ―Watcher X.
Cipher agents were known to possess an impressive skill set, including infiltration, espionage and combat skills such as hand-to-hand combat and marksmanship. Imperial Cipher Agents are also known to be on par with the ranking of other Sith aside from Sith Lords and the Dark Council. Their missions often were based on information provided to Imperial Intelligence by Informants like Ula Vii.
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- HoloNet Report: Imperial Agent on the Star Wars: The Old Republic official site (First mentioned)
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side