By 980 BBY, the capital city of Ciutric IV was Daplona. Near Daplona was the estate of Darth Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith. Bane made Ciutric IV his residence after losing the orbalisk armor which prevented him from actively socializing with other sentient beings, and he and his apprentice, Darth Zannah, lived there for several years.
By the time of the Galactic Civil War, Ciutric IV was twenty parsecs from major Imperial garrisons. It was controlled by Imperial Governor Brothic, but was later controlled by Prince-Admiral Delak Krennel.
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Ciutric IV was conquered by the invaders at the beginning of the conflict. After the Yuuzhan Vong's defeat, Ciutric IV was situated in Galactic Alliance space, and the world was a member state of Roan Fel's Empire-in-exile as of 137 ABY.
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron: Mandatory Retirement (First appearance)
- X-Wing: Isard's Revenge
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 139 (PES4, Sate Pestage)
- "Who's Who in Rogue Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 59
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 23
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook