Clantaano III, also known as Clantaano, was a desert planet located within the Outer Rim Territories' Albanin sector. It was the homeworld of the nomadic and violent Clantaani species. The Clantaani gunman Longo Two-Guns and his cousins were born on Clantaano III, and they gave rise to a gang of Clantaani criminals that moved offworld by 32 BBY.
Description[edit | edit source]
Clantaano III, also referred to simply as Clantaano, was a dry and dusty desert planet. It occupied the third orbital position in the Clantaano system, a part of the Albanin sector within the Slice portion of the Outer Rim Territories. The super-hyperroute known as the Triellus Trade Route connected the planet to the Teth and Barab systems. Clantaano III had meager natural resources.
History[edit | edit source]
In the years preceding the Battle of Naboo of 32 BBY, the Clantaani cousins Longo Two-Guns and "Deadeye" Klintee established themselves as formidable gunmen on their native Clantaano III. Along with their cousin Radd Hardwikk, the pair eventually organized a gang of Clantaani criminals, including the Clantaano-born "Black Eye" Cahoon and "Dusty" Rengo, as well as Clem "Trigger" Vaneer and the offworlder "Wrong Way" Wint. At some point by 32 BBY, Longo Two-Guns and his gang moved their operations off Clantaano III.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Clantaano III was the homeworld of the sentient Clantaani species. The Clantaani organized themselves into several marauding nomadic tribes that were engaged in constant conflict with each other over their home planet's resources.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Clantaano III was first mentioned in Prima Games' 2002 official strategy guide for the LucasArts video game Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, which was written by David Hodgson. The guide on one occasion misspelled the planet's name as "Clantaani III." The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas, written by Daniel Wallace and Jason Fry, placed the Clantaano system, and therefore Clantaano III, within grid square U-12.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Clantaani")
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Clantaano system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Clantaano system
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 222 ("Klintee, 'Deadeye'")
- The New Essential Chronology
- Longo Two-Guns and his gang had left Clantaano III for Tatooine by the time the events of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter took place. The New Essential Chronology dates the latter to 32 BBY; therefore, Two-Guns and his gang must have left Clantaano III by that date. establishes that