The detonator's power and range made it illegal for any use other than military purposes. Featuring a blast radius of up to 20 meters, it could be tuned to limit the radius depending on the situation. An activation panel was located on top of the detonator, in which an internal fusion reaction would be activated via the control panel. Powered by volatile baradium, the detonator was protected by a thermite casing.
The control pins of the detonator's triggers could be programmed to act as a dead man's switch, one that got automatically operated if the operator became incapacitated or otherwise removed from control.
Stormtrooper grenadiers of the military of the Galactic Empire made use of Class-A thermal detonators. In the hands of the stormtrooper grenadier, detonators were fired at targets through the use of grenade launchers.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Kanan 4
- Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- "The Long Game"—Age of Rebellion Special 1
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Age of Rebellion - Boba Fett 1
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Bounty Hunted"
- Age of Rebellion - Princess Leia 1
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Age of Resistance - Captain Phasma 1
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Class-A thermal detonator)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Bounty Hunted"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions
- ↑ Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars identifies the thermal detonator shown in Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi as a Class-A thermal detonator. Since the grenade fired by stormtrooper grenadiers, soldiers of the Galactic Empire's military, in Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions functions and appear visually congruent with the Class-A thermal detonators in Star Wars Battlefront and Return of the Jedi, the grenades in Recon Missions must also be Class-A thermal detonators.