- "Between the explosive end of the dread DEATH STAR…and the moment when the evil GALACTIC EMPIRE struck back on the ice planet of HOTH…MANY adventures befell the Star Warriors of the Rebel Alliance. This is ONE of them…"
- ―Classic Star Wars 1
Classic Star Wars 1 is the first issue of Classic Star Wars. The comic reproduces the first half of "The Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell," a 1981 comic strip written by Archie Goodwin and illustrated by Al Williamson. While the majority of the original comic strip was unchanged, Williamson supplied Classic Star Wars 1 with new panels, extended artwork, an entirely new story page, and original cover art. In 2015, Marvel Comics published a digital edition under the Star Wars Legends banner.
The events in Classic Star Wars take place between the first and second Star Wars films, and each issue is jam-packed with action. Our debut issue is no exception: Luke and Leia embark on a scouting mission, are pursued by Imperial troops, and fall into the clutches of a bounty hunter whose real target is Han Solo! Whew! The whole shebang is written by Archie Goodwin, drawn by Al Williamson, and colored by Steve Buccellato, with a new cover by Williamson.
- Direct edition; August 1, 1992; Dark Horse Comics
- Print; Cover A; Al Williamson
- Star Wars Legends edition; November 3, 2015; Marvel Comics
- Digital; Cover A; Al Williamson
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Classic Star Wars Volume 1: In Deadly Pursuit
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Newspaper Strips Vol. 1