Biology and appearance
The Clawdites were the genetic offspring of the Zolanders, the dominant species on Zolan. When Zolanders discovered that their sun had increased its radioactive emissions, they tried to unleash a gene in the Zolander skin cells to activate natural protection against radiation. The results created a new species, Clawdites, which were metamorphs. Clawdites could change their appearance, if they kept body mass as a constant and didn't retain the same aspect for a long time. However, some Clawdites were able to change their mass, such as Zam Wesell and Nuri, although it was an extremely rare skill. Due to their abilities, they were often mistaken for Shi'ido. Zolanders ostracized Clawdites and they had many civil wars, but in the end, Clawdites subjugated Zolanders.
The assassin Zam Wesell, who operated during the last decades of the Galactic Republic, was a notable member of this race. The Clawdites served the New Republic as infiltrators during the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Jango Fett
- Star Wars: Zam Wesell
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel
- Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
- Boba Fett: Maze of Deception
- Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero (Mentioned only)
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- Boba Fett: A New Threat
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight (Mentioned only)
- Underworld: A Galaxy of Scum and Villainy
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Clawdites"—Star Wars Gamer 10 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 48 (Toxic Killers: Kouhuns)
- Scum and Villainy