- "A hearty hello to Clegg Holdfast, and his Volvec KT9 Wasp."
Clegg Holdfast was a male Nosaurian journalist for Podracing Quarterly and Podracer pilot who participated in the Boonta Eve Classic, which took place during the Invasion of Naboo. Holdfast piloted a Voltec KT9 Wasp Podracer and started the race from the front row. While the mechanics attended his podracer, being a journalist himself, Holdfast searched for dirty news in the cantina of Mos Espa Grand Arena's hangar.
Behind the scenesEdit
Clegg Holdfast was created for the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, although he first appeared in the Star Wars Legends novelization of the film. In the theatrical release of the film, Holdfast was only seen fleetingly in the cockpit of his Podracer. For the DVD release, new footage was created showcasing Holdfast on the starting grid and having his Podracer destroyed by the rival pilot Sebulba. In early concept art by Terryl Whitlatch, Holdfast was depicted as being covered in fur, a trait he did not possess in the final film. An action figure of Holdfast was later released by Hasbro in 2009. The figure came with removable goggles and a blaster pistol. He was later rereleased in a multi-pack which contained several other Podracer pilots. Along with his blaster and goggles being included in the pack, Holdfast was also given a flag, a base on which to stand on, and a trading card.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- "Star Wars Prequels Unseen!, Part 4"—Star Wars Insider 151
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 23 (Databank A-Z: Hassk Triplets–Holograms)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide