A climate disruption array was a technological device that could be deployed in the orbit of a planet to provoke storms and hurricanes on its surface from space. Imperial-class Star Destroyers could deploy these arrays.
Description[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- "Operation: Cinder is to begin at once. Resistance. Rebellion. Defiance. These are concepts that cannot be allowed to persist. You are but one of many tools by which these ideas shall be burned away."
- ―A posthumous message from Emperor Palpatine
Following the Battle of Endor, which saw the death of Emperor Palpatine, Operation: Cinder was activated. Palpatine's Sentinel droids were sent to "selected" Imperial officers including Admiral Garrick Versio and Captain Lerr Duvat. In the aftermath of the Battle of Endor, Research Station 9, a Tarkin Initiative facility on Endor, contained a hologram of the disruption array.
Versio deployed the arrays above his home planet, Vardos. This saw the defection of two Inferno Squad members; Iden Versio and Del Meeko. Following the skirmish on the planet, the satellites wrecked the planet.
While other numerous other planets were targeted by Operation: Cinder, ones with unique ecologies were subjected to different climate control weapons; Nacronis, for example, was hit with atmospheric vortex detonators that amplified its natural siltstorms to apocalyptic levels.
Legacy[edit | edit source]
In 34 ABY,[source?] Iden returned to Vardos with Shriv Suurgav and her daughter, Zay. Suurgav noticed what he thought was snow, but Iden revealed it was actually atmospheric ash, leftover from the storms and fires caused by the climate disruption arrays 30 years prior.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Shattered Empire 2 (First appearance)
- Shattered Empire 3
- Victory's Price (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Destiny – Way of the Force (Card: )
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition