- "As sure as it is my duty to remain loyal to your command, I also have another duty. To protect those men."
- ―Clone Captain CT-7567 "Rex," to General Pong Krell and referring to the clone troopers under his command
A Clone Captain, also known as clone trooper captain, was a rank held by clone trooper officers in the Galactic Republic's Grand Army who commanded companies of 144 troopers, although this limitation did not apply to every captain. The sixteen captains of a regiment were in turn led by their respective Clone Commander, or in some cases, a Jedi General. Standard Phase I captains wore armor featuring four maroon circles on the left chestplate as well as a stripe of maroon down the length of each arm, vertically up the middle of the helmet and laterally around the visor.
CT-7567, also known by his nickname "Rex", was a respected and notable Clone Captain who served as the leader of the 501st Legion and the legion's Torrent Company. He often took orders directly from Jedi General Anakin Skywalker, and served as Skywalker's first in command. Rex also had authority over Execute Battalion and Carnivore Battalion of the 501st Legion.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cargo of Doom"
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith