Clone paratroopers, also known as clone airborne troopers, were clone troopers who were specially-trained for high-altitude drops using special parachutes and equipment.
These airborne troopers were developed at some point during the Clone Wars and served within the Grand Army of the Republic. At the time, they were involved in fighting against the Separatist Droid Army. In the final days of the Clone Wars, the 212th Attack Battalion deployed clone airborne troopers on the planet Utapau during a battle when General Grievous's base was discovered on that planetoid.
In 19 BBY, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine executed Clone Protocol 66 which identified all Jedi as traitors to the Republic. Shortly after, Jedi General Anakin Skywalker, now Darth Vader, was sent to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to kill all remaining Jedi survivors with his elite clone trooper unit known as the 501st Legion. During the purge of the Jedi Temple, it was said that the 501st deployed an elite unit of clone paratroopers to assist them.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars: Battlefront II, the clone sharpshooter wore airborne trooper armor, though in the film, the airborne troopers are visible with the standard Republic's DC-15S blaster. Hasbro has released action figures of airborne troopers from the 212th Attack Battalion, the 501st Legion, and the 187th Legion.
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (video game)
- Star Wars: Republic: Into the Unknown
- Star Wars.com Blogs: Karen Traviss: Who was that clone?
- Star Wars: Best of 2005: Clone Mania 
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Republic Commando: True Colors
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Republic: Into the Unknown
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare places the founding of the Grand Army of the Republic in 32 BBY.
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare places the Declaration of a New Order in 19 BBY.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones