- "Mission accomplished, sir. The Chancellor is safe."
- ―A clone shock trooper after storming the Chancellor's Office
Clone shock troopers, also referred to as shocktroopers, stormtroopers, or guardsmen, were the clone troopers of the Coruscant Guard, an elite force founded during the civil war—known as the Clone Wars—between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Secretly bred apart from the other clones, they acted as security police for Coruscant, the capital world of the Republic, and also as bodyguards for Republic representatives. Some of them were trained specifically for riot control and served as urban peacekeepers. After the Republic was replaced by the Galactic Empire, they evolved into a new generation of shock troopers.
Ten years after the Invasion of Naboo, an open war broke out between the Galactic Republic and a secessionist movement known as the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The Grand Army of the Republic was made up of clone troopers, most of which were created on the planet of Kamino. However, certain specialized clones were also bred on Coruscant, the capital world of the Republic, in the utmost secrecy. Those shock troopers formed the Coruscant Guard, tasked with the protection of the Galactic Senate's rotunda and other governmental facilities, as well as serving as bodyguards for diplomats. When the Clone Wars came to an end, Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine abolished the Republic, turning the democratic union into the Galactic Empire.
Initially, the shock troopers wore the same Phase I armor as the other clones, with distinctive red markings. Later in the war, the Phase II armor was introduced. The red color scheme of the shock trooper continued into the Imperial Era, with a majority of the armor now covered in red.
The clone shock troopers received special training for deployment in urban environments, which gave them a high proficiency in close quarters combat. They served primarily as security police for the Republic Senate, its buildings, and as prison guards. They also performed duties such as bodyguards for Republic officials and as urban peacekeepers with some troopers trained specifically for riot control.
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: New Edition
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gungan General"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars Black Series 6" - Battlefront Imperial Shock Trooper. Retrieved on October 24, 2015.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"