- "We're on your tail, General Kenobi. Set S-foils to attack position."
- ―CC-2237 "Odd Ball" during the Battle of Coruscant
Clone trooper pilots, also known as clone pilots, were clone troopers that, due to having particularly good reflexes and spatial awareness, were spotted early and brought into pilot training. Clone pilots flew various ships, such as the V-19 Torrent starfighter, the Clone Z-95 Headhunter, and the ARC-170 starfighter.
Clone trooper pilots were also able to possess military ranks. One clone trooper pilot held the rank of Clone Lieutenant during the Battle of Teth, CT-55/11-9009 held the rank of Clone Captain, and CC-2237, also known as "Odd Ball," held the rank of Clone Commander.
Throughout the war, pilots wore at least three types of pilot armor, including two types of Phase II armor. One variant had identical body armor to the Phase I armor, but had a different helmet. The second variant had a blue bodysuit, and plating covering the torso, as well as minor plating covering the knees and elbows. The helmet was open. Clone pilots served the Galactic Empire as Imperial Starfighter Pilots.
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Darth Vader (2017) 2
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines