- "In recent years, this work had fallen under scrutiny by the Imperial Coalition for Progress division of COMPNOR because it had fallen into disrepair and had became an issue of public saftey."
- ―Newscaster Alton Kastle
The Coalition for Progress, also known as the Coalition of Progress, was a sub-bureau of the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order. It was responsible for the cultural progress of the Galactic Empire and shaping its public image.
The Coalition for Progress was formed in 19 BBY as a sub-bureau of the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order, as part of Emperor Sheev Palpatine's massive restructuring of the Imperial hierarchy. The Coalition soon became responsible for monitoring and molding the Imperial image to the galactic citizenry, and raising the next generation of Imperial leaders.
In 5 BBY, the Coalition for Progress intervened on Garel, ordering the destruction of a controversial statue created by the famous artist Janyor of Bith. Officially, the Coalition for Progress maintained that the work of art had been in poor condition due to neglect, and had become a danger to the population. A few citizens staged a spontaneous protest, but were promptly quelled by local authorities.
An office reporting on the suitability of artistic expression within the Empire and applied inflexible criteria that exemplified its austere tenets.
Ministry of InformationEdit
Organization that guided research and development into new military applications.
A battery of galaxy-wide Sector Monitors reported to the Coalition for Progress and acted as civilian spy agencies feeding the Coalition information regarding cultural progress within the Empire, using their vast surveillance network to monitor the development of art, science, education, commerce, and law enforcement. Groups within the government would act accordingly when "corrections" were required. The Sector Monitors would report information of suspicious activities to the Imperial Security Bureau, while data on cultural shifts against the New Order were reported to the Coalition for Improvements.
Youth-based organization dedicated to molding adolescents into administrative and bureaucratic positions within the Empire. An alternate route to those that chose to forgo military service and traditional Academy enrollment.
- (First mentioned)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
- Doctor Aphra 29
- Doctor Aphra 30
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- ↑ Rebels Imperial Press Corps Pin. Rebelscum.com. Retrieved on October 14, 2014.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Dawn of Rebellion
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide