Coca-Cola was a carbonated, caffeinated soda served in plastic orb bottles and paper cups at various locations throughout Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. The beverage was imported by Jat Kaa, a Lurmen male from the planet Mygeeto, who sold it to travelers and locals via his company Jat Kaa's Coolers at pop-up locations around the outpost and in the nearby ancient ruins.
Coca-Cola was a brown carbonated soda with caffeine. It was packaged in red, spherical plastic bottles with white Aurebesh writing that read "Coca-Cola" and "original taste" surrounded by a black, angular border. The beverage was sealed using a metallic, screw-on cap with several rectangular protrusions. It was also served from dispensers with ice in large- and regular-sized paper cups. The drink was safe for humans to consume, and an altered version of the beverage called Diet Coke was available.
During the war between the First Order and Resistance, the Lurmen male Jat Kaa, hailing from the planet Mygeeto, had Coca-Cola bottles imported to Black Spire Outpost on the Outer Rim world of Batuu. Workers for his company, Jat Kaa's Coolers, sold them at various pop-up locations throughout the outpost and the nearby ancient ruins.
Kaa also purchased several R-series droids from Mubo, the owner of the Droid Depot, and reprogrammed them to drive purpose-built vehicles around the outpost selling bottles of the beverage. Kaa also had the vehicles painted in the same color scheme as the Coca-Cola bottles with the beverage's logo on the side. Around the same time, the bottled beverage was served in Black Spire's market at Kat Saka's Kettle, while cups filled with the soda were available at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo and Ronto Roasters.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "When we first approached Coca-Cola and shared the idea of bringing their products into the Star Wars galaxy in a new and unique way, they immediately saw the opportunity to give our guests the refreshing drinks they love in a way that maintained the authenticity of the story – which is very important to us – and that was, frankly, just plain cool."
- ―Scott Trowbridge, portfolio creative executive and studio leader, Walt Disney Imagineering
The soft drink Coca-Cola is one of the beverage items available in the theme park land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park on May 31, 2019. The beverage's Star Wars–themed packaging was developed exclusively for the park as part of a collaboration between Walt Disney Imagineering, Lucasfilm Ltd., and The Coca-Cola Company, which has had a partnership with Disneyland since 1955. The specially-packaged drink was revealed at Star Wars Celebration Chicago in April 2019, during the "Bringing Star Wars to Life at Disney Parks" panel, which showcased an ad featuring a crate full of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Dasani beverages being stolen from two distracted First Order stormtroopers.
The creative process behind the bottles took over three years, with Coca-Cola Design presenting designs in various shapes and sizes before settling on the rustic orb bottles present in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Matt Cooper, an associate industrial designer at Coca-Cola, stated that the goal of the final design was to evoke a sense that the bottles had just been pulled off a ship or left behind and repurposed into beverage containers. The idea to use Aurebesh for the logo originated when a group of Imagineers toured the Coke Archives in Atlanta, Georgia and saw the brand's iconic Spencerian script logo in various languages.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo (First appearance, simultaneous with Jat Kaa's Coolers, Kat Saka's Kettle, and Ronto Roasters)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Jat Kaa's Coolers (First appearance, simultaneous with Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, Kat Saka's Kettle, and Ronto Roasters)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Kat Saka's Kettle (First appearance, simultaneous with Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, Jat Kaa's Coolers, and Ronto Roasters)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Ronto Roasters (First appearance, simultaneous with Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, Jat Kaa's Coolers, and Kat Saka's Kettle)
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Kat Saka's Kettle
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Jat Kaa's Coolers has backstory elements that, though not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge cast members working the pop-up locations.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Ronto Roasters
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot
- ↑ 6.0 6.1
- ↑ Moye, Jay (2019-04-13). Coca-Cola and Disney Designed These Galactic Bottles for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Coca-Cola Journey. The Coca-Cola Company. Archived from the original on June 20, 2019. Retrieved on July 1, 2019.