Coleman Kcaj was a Force-sensitive Ongree Jedi Master who served the Jedi Order during the last years of the Galactic Republic. During the Clone Wars, he gained a seat on the Jedi High Council, and survived for years during the Jedi Purge.
Kcaj was present during a Council meeting concerning the fate of Padawan Ahsoka Tano, who was accused of the murder of Letta Turmond and orchestrating the bombing of the Jedi Temple. Wilhuff Tarkin said that the Galactic Senate wished to put her in a militrary trial. The Council expelled Tano from the Order after a debate and she was put on trial by the Galactic Republic, but Padawan Barriss Offee was ultimately revealed to be the true culprit.
Clone trooper Tup, whose malfunctioning and secret biochip caused him to murder Jedi Master Tiplar, was sent to Kamino to investigate the incident. Kcaj was present through holographic form when Jedi Master Shaak Ti turned to the council as she believed that Tup may have a tumor.
Later, Kcaj was present when the Council agreed to send Jedi Master Mace Windu and Junior Representative Jar Jar Binks on an assignment to investigate a number of disappearances on Bardotta after Queen Julia specifically requested Binks, confusing both the Council and the Senate.
Kcaj was present when Plo Koon reported that he found the lightsaber of Master Sifo-Dyas. Yoda confirmed that it was and decided to investigate. Kcaj was again present when it was reported that Dooku was responsible for the purchase of the clone army. The Council decided to keep it a secret since people would lose trust in the Republic if the public knew the truth.
Kcaj was present when Yoda told the Council that he had heard the voice of long-dead Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn in his head and hoped to learn the meaning of the communications from beyond. The Council all meditated with Yoda, but nobody heard the voice.
Kcaj was later present when Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker discussed a giant kyber crystal they had found on Utapau. Kcaj was present again when they reported that the crystal had been destroyed, causing Yoda to remind the Council of stories where kyber crystals were used for weapons the Sith used.
Near the end of the war, Kcaj was present when the Council granted Skywalker a seat on the Jedi Council, after he had been appointed there by Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine. He was also present when they discussed about how Palpatine had told them that General Grievous was hiding on Utapau and recommended they send Skywalker. However, they decided that they needed a Jedi Master, who would have more experience. Shortly thereafter, Palpatine declared himself Emperor and Skywalker, having become the Sith Lord Darth Vader, helped destroy the Jedi Order.
Surviving the Jedi PurgeEdit
- "This is a list of the surviving Jedi. Others may remain, but of these we are certain. Unfortunately… they have hidden themselves extremely well."
- ―The Grand Inquisitor
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Kcaj was among the few Jedi to escape the ensuing carnage that was Order 66. Kcaj's name was on a holographic list compiled by the Inquisitorius of confirmed survivors in the time after the hunt for Eeth Koth, having hidden from the Empire extremely well.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part I"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Big Bang"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Revenge of the Sith Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 19: Fortress Vader, Part I (Mentioned only; in hologram)
- (Misspelled as Coleman Ckaj)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as Coleman Kcaj)
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Wrong Jedi"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part I"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lost One"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Big Bang"
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 19: Fortress Vader, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away