Comm/scan, also known as Com-scan, was a form of sensor technology used to detect energy readings and approaching starships. Both the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic as well as their respective successors, the First Order and the Resistance, made use of comm/scan technology.
The Alliance to Restore the Republic utilized comm/scan technology on Endor. Shortly following the Battle of Endor, Hera Syndulla learnt that comm/scan detected a pair of surviving Imperial TIE Fighters heading to attack the Ewok village, and so took the Ghost to intercept them.
The Resistance had comm/scan technology on D'Qar, using it to determine the quantity and size of starships comprising the First Order's attack force during the evacuation of D'Qar. The First Order later used comm/scan to home in on the signatures of emissions given off by fleeing U-55 orbital loadlifters attempting to reach Crait, and gunners were able to shoot down several of the escaping craft.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC)
- Star Wars Rebels – "DUME"
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Chopper and Friends"
- Alphabet Squadron (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (First identified as comm/scan)
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 1
- Star Wars: A-Wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model (First identified as Com-scan)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary